Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rough Weekend

Nothing Went Right

So this weekend ended how it started. Me gobbling over a less than impressive effort by one of my teams. Not sure how any of your teams did but I suffered ALL weekend.

To start out with the Georgia Bulldogs lose their All-American, top ten draft pick wide receiver. That was mid-week. To be honest by the time kick off rolled around I was pretty much accepting of the fact that we might lose.

Then there was the next day....NFL!!! Is there anything better?? Well maybe. A delicious steak....but that only lasts an hour at most. A child's laugh....no that usually turns to a shrieking cry at some point. The dimples on a woman's back just above her behind....ok ok so football is not everything but I digress.

My Sunday was even rougher. My favorite player got hurt. My local team lost, although I don't really care. And to top it off I was embarrassed  by a franchise I feel I can no longer defend.

Saturday

Lets set the stage by saying that Friday night was a little crazy. My roommate and I wound the evening up roaming around our apartment complex at the wrong hour attempting to meet some neighbors. Strangely enough we met some good folks and enjoyed a few more beverages.

Had this been a home game my goose would have been cooked. I woke up at 11:45 am and had to hustle to get ready for the 12:00 kickoff.  Burgers cooked we sit down to watch what turned out to be a pathetic effort by my Alma mater.

Granted our stud was out. The freshman QB looked good. And the new look 3-4 defense looked somewhat impressive save the plethora of missed tackles. But it was a stacked deck. Spurrier knew we could not play catch up if he got ahead.  Only thing was he did not get that far ahead. Could we have used A.J. Green? Yes. Could we have won without him? Hell yes....but...

Our big man on campus RB fumbled the ball on the 2 yard line during a drive that would have given us the lead. Well he's young. And he just got out of jail. Perhaps he was thinking about his picture being in the local publication that shows the weekly jail intake mugshots.

Either way I recovered rather quickly because I was expecting a loss. The day rolled on by with several great games. Alabama looks unbeatable and Michigan makes me sick. Tennessee is pathetic and Ohio State looks awesome.

Its tough to complain about a day of football even if your team loses...early. You got the rest of the day to distract you.

Sunday

So my entire day is surrounded around one game. The night game. Dallas vs. Washington. Rivalry. Opening week. Football all day and just when you think you've peaked out your hit with a second wind that is prime time Dallas Football!!

I wont write to much about this "great event". Mainly because I am starting to become disgusted with what I see week in and week out.

I will focus on one point. Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM. I know this is harder said than done. For starters who the hell wants to work for him. He is scary looking...not to mention a total prick.

He has a great business mind and markets his team better than anybody in the sport. He is bigger than anyone else...that's his brand.

So when I see the great Dallas Cowboys embarrass themselves on prime time national TV I cant lie my loyalties began to waver.

Ill stick by you for now Jerry but even the most loyal fan will cheer for someone else if they have to. So get it together Mr. Jones. Your only 0-1. You got 15 more. So make me proud. I cant afford another broken chair. Or another bad bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment