Thursday, September 9, 2010

Auburn Looks Fast

A Good Evening of Pho And Football

So I'm sitting in my living room after another non-eventful day watching the first half of the Auburn vs Mississippi State game as I wait for Brett Farve and the Vikings take on the New Orleans Saints in the NFL season opener. I'm also doing a little scouting. The Bulldogs play both the these teams this year and to be honest I'm starting to get a little worried. Auburn looks fast....real fast.

Dinner

Living in a great town offers a diverse selection of eating establishments and I need a pregame meal. Tonight I think I am going to brave it and try something new. The Vietnamese joint within walking distance and has been calling my name and tonight I'm intrigued enough to try it. I ordered the Pho with well done brisket and rare flank steak. WOW!! The stuff is delicious. Very delicious, a blast of lime, beef, onions, basil hit me and I immediately know that I will be back.

A.J. What The F*ck!!

Enough about dinner...I'll probably mention it again. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell has happened to the University of Georgia's football team. I understand the cost of having a great college football team. The University of Miami set the standard for successful discipline in the early and mid-80's. I think one player got arrested for kiddnapping!! Lets face it one reason Jimmy Johnson was so successful in the NFL was because he had been coaching a pro team in Coral Gables for the previous five years but I digress. (First Cowboy Plug). Back to my main point.

Lets be honest the players are not getting busted with coke, or committing rape, they are being petty. They are also not that good of a team so I guess maybe the severity of the offense is relative to the teams success. One player steals a $35 helmet. Another commits a hit and run in a parking deck with NO LICENSE!! All in all 9 UGA players have been arrested this off season. Most of them for DUI. Considering that the head of the athletic association was arrested, then fired, for DUI in Tech territory with a coed and her panties and throw in that UGA just got voted the number 1 party school in the country and you can see how it can happen. In years pass Richt seemed to have control. This year his "Faith Based Offense" seems to be falling apart. I still have confidence in Richt but I can't lie its begining to waver a bit.

That brings us to A. J. Green. I must say that A. J. Green has seriously disappointed me. These kids need to understand what is at stake. They need to understand that they are always being watched. And they need to understand that you do not sell a bowl game jersey for $1000 directly to the agent....you sell it to the agents friend. A. J. be patient you only a few months away. You will be done with class in December. Critics of the rule understand this...A. J. Green could sell anything wants on eBay as long as it did not come from the university. Basically you can't come up on the school while your still there.

I can appreciate that rule. On one side you don't want to create a market of college sports memorabilia being run by the "amatuer" players. Agents using eBay as a cloaking devise for their "lending" enterprise. On the other side these kids are broke for the most part. They don't even make money if someone buys their number jersey from the school bookstore. I'm not in favor of playing players, I just see any fair way to do it. But they took the tickets away. They dont make money on jersey sales, I say if the players can make a little money selling personal items maybe we should let them. If however this rule is in place to prevent agent - player contact then it has its purpose.

Enjoy your time off A. J. see you in Boulder, but we better beat the Gators after this shit.

Dam Auburn looks really fast.



Lord Favre

Feeling better after a delicious meal and a rant about my Alma mater's delinquency I turn my attention to the best reality show on TV...no not Jersey Shore but that is second. The NFL!! While college football hits all 5 senses and requires almost no real knowledge of football to enjoy, the NFL is a physical spectacle and cerebral marathon the amazes you for 3 and a half hours.

Seriously, Brett Farve is 40!! 40!! He is playing among the fastest, strongest quickest guys on the planet and he is winning. It really is amazing. Granted he has probably the best set of offensive weapons in the league, other than the Cowboys of course (That's 2). But still he has obviously mastered his trade. You know when you get to a point where you can do your job in your sleep. You know you can stay out a little later and have ONE more drink because you got an easy day tomorrow. In Brett's case that would be the Raiders or Chiefs.

It is the first game of the season. The Saints came out fast and scored first. It will be interesting to see if Favre can make it the whole season. I mean he is 40. Thats a benchmark age. Things change. Your relfexes are slower. Your prostate starts to act up. God forbid Brett has to take a trickle piss every 12 minutes. You know the NFL will accomidate with a a "Port-a-Brett" on the Vikings sideline.

Don't hate Packer fans, your team is good and Brett still loves you he's just got your number. Besides you have to love him. He's done so much for your team. You know who does not have to love him? Falcons fans. We draft him and he's a third string douche bag with a wicked pill addiction. We trade him and he becomes the greatest playmaker at his position ever.

I'm not a fan of Brett Farve but I have to be honest if he wins it this year, I'll be OK with it. He's earned it. If for nothing else for being the toughest SOB to ever play. He's never missed a game. never. Thats over 300 games. Incredible. Like him or not.

Good Luck Brett.

Dam Auburn looks fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment